Imponderable #46: Rochester New York

18 May

May 18, 2012

Big deal. Nikon has a wormhole to Dimension X in their basement. Proctor and Gamble is reanimating the dead in a Plan Nine-style attempt to take over the Earth. Wal-Mart already perfected their time-tunnel and traveled back in time to kill Chester A. Arthur. A nuclear reactor in Kodak’s basement? Wake me when someone doesn’t have a nuke.

North Korea. Iran. Kodak. I knew that the film and camera business was dying but to become an atomic arms peddler? Kodak, what are you thinking? Funding international terrorism? Why, Kodak, why?

Anyway, the Imponderable is not that Kodak had the reactor, for which they do have legitimate uses, but why weren’t the local authorities, not to mention the residents, informed? However, that is not the Imponderable either.

What other companies are hiding nuclear reactors in their labs? What else don’t we know about?

The question is Imponderable.

6 Responses to “Imponderable #46: Rochester New York”

1. Thomas Stazyk May 18, 2012 at 2:06 am #

Cool. Now that Kodak is bankrupt I wonder if they’ll sell the reactor on eBay. I could use one.

2. zathra May 18, 2012 at 4:04 am #

Gizmodo had an article very similar to this. A nuclear reactor ? Wait til they discover that I’ve built my own working Stargate in my apartment ( Complete w / DHD ) !!

• Thomas Stazyk May 18, 2012 at 3:26 pm #

I’m still hoping to perfect my Holodek!

• zathra May 19, 2012 at 1:26 am #

Strange – I’ve just been reading comments on a story in Yahoo News by somebody who thinks that building a ship like the Enterprise is possible – in a mere 20 years. Either he’s ‘shrooming or else NASA’s been busier than they let on, & there actually IS something going with redesigned alien tech at Area 51.
        I think the whole of having anything resembling warp drive in 20 years is just a LOT of wishful thinking.

• bmj2k May 19, 2012 at 1:45 am #

I’ve had this discussion before with people. I think there are so many amazing discoveries jsut around the corner, but things like practical space travel are just beyond my lifetime. I’ll live long enough to see things like that on the drawing boards, nearing reality, but I won’t live to see them. It will be just beyond my grasp.

• zathra May 19, 2012 at 2:14 am #

NASA & the whole international community with a vested interest in space travel are still dependent upon chemical rockets, & some guy comes out of left field saying that we can have a starship with everything that the Enterprise & its companion starships have, in a mere 20 years ? Keep pulling my leg until it comes off. 😉
            We already have portable computers, incredible pocket – cellular phones, & amazing advances in prosthetic technology, to name just a few things, but expecting warp / FTL drive….. is just plain, 24 K unrealistic. I’m not even sure what this fellow’s creds are, to be honest.

It might be possible in 100 – 200 years, but for now we’re stuck in the solar system.