July 6, 2014
Since I cut back on the blog, the Sneak Peek of the Week has been the biggest casualty. Miss it? Nah. Since I have no clue what’s coming next, or when it’s coming, it would be pretty silly to continue it.
SNEAK PEEK OF THE WEEK OF JULY 6th, 2014
And now imagine that same Sneak Peek every single week.
But this is the summer, people are away, and even the most loyal of Mr. Blog’s Tepid Readers may have missed some recent posts. So I thought this might be a nice time to recap some of the more interesting things that I’ve posted here in the past few months.
Like some short fiction?
- I recently posted a one-page sci-fi story called Doctor Noodles: An Adventure in Space and Time. Don’t let the name fool you, it has a serious heart.
- Keeping the sci-fi theme, there’s the short tale of Space Drama! A stage play of Space Suspense and Space Action! Set in Space! There’s no serious heart in this one.
- Mumbles Mumbai Meets Sleepy Bhopal isn’t fiction, but it sure reads like it. This is the true story of a disastrous dinner.
- And lastly, there’s Hollywood Russell and the Hotel Hustle, which is fiction but is based on an absolutely real hotel and overnight stay.
In the mood for some Picture Postcards?
- You can start with The Devil in Greenpoint.
- Next, check out dozens of fantastic nature pictures taken in Brooklyn at the Salt Marsh Conservation Center.
- Around the city, I found some classic, vintage signs, including one from Kentile that was just recently demolished. There is some great vintage 7Up signage too.
Feeling Imponderable? (Yeah, me too.)
Pop culture has also caught my eye. First, my usual targets- TV and movies.
- Samuel L. Jackson may be a huge star now, but remember when he was just a no-name stereotype in a Pacino movie?
- I made one of my two yearly visits to the Chiller Theater Horror Convention and this time David Faustino made the headline.
- Captain Kirk vs. Conan the Barbarian? ‘Nuff said.
- Someone named Uncle Lou may or may not have an STD. If that isn’t a hook I don’t know what is.
Real world pop culture has given me a lot to yell about too. Hipsters? Grrr, hate them!
But have no fear! I can still give you a little bit of a Sneak Peek! Coming in the near future will be a brand new New York Minute, and a sequel to Mumbles Mumbai Meets Sleepy Bhopal. I am NEVER returning to that restaurant, and you’ll see why soon.