What Happens In Gotham City Stays In Gotham City

19 May

May 19, 2011

Being a fan of weird news, Las Vegas, and Batman, it is easy to see how this caught my eye.

There has to be video of that. HAS to be. Middle of the Strip, tourists, guy in Batman suit getting the crap kicked out of him? This has to be on YouTube, right?

Right.

Great as that is, that clip is missing something. Could I find a clip of a hot blond anchor mocking Batman?
Yes I could.

“Batman says the cape was his problem.” Love it!

But it could be better.
So I made it better.

Now I am a happy camper.

16 Responses to “What Happens In Gotham City Stays In Gotham City”

1. JRD Skinner May 19, 2011 at 12:24 am #

Whack.

• bmj2k May 19, 2011 at 12:30 am #

The raw video made me laugh hysterically. His “karate’ moves were awesome! And his outfit? Jeez, he couldn’t find a pair of gloves?

2. Mac of BIOnighT May 19, 2011 at 12:26 am #

OK, wait a sec, the dumb blond is REALLY making fun of a guy who’s been beaten for no reason by a moron while doing his job? I mean, is she stupid or what? And the station doesn’t fire her on the spot? O___O
    Yes, it is fun, especially because nothing serious happened, I had a laugh too, but she’s on some national channel, doesn’t she know where the limit is? Or is it that Tv stations have sunk that low?

• bmj2k May 19, 2011 at 12:36 am #

Intellectually I agree with you, but when I watch that video, and I see “Batman” provoking the guy with his fake-martial arts, and his not-quite-right Bat-suit (no gloves???) and the fact that it isn’t his job at all, he does it on his own on public streets and made the decision to do that, well yes, I have to side with the anchor.

Intellectually you are right, but my funny bone takes over with this one. At any rate, I’m sure people are going to make some snide FOX news comments but I saw a few other goofy articles and stories- the local news shows were worse- but yes, this is what stations have sunk to. In fact, there are far worse things than that.

3. bmj2k May 19, 2011 at 12:56 am #

Hey- anybody have the skills to insert the sound effect bursts into the video, Batman TV style?

• JRD Skinner May 19, 2011 at 11:05 am #

Hah! If I wasn’t at work, I’d definitely do it for you – maybe this weekend I’ll loop back to this.

• bmj2k May 19, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Is it too greedy to ask for the Batman fight music too?

• skinner May 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

Muhaha – I’ll see what I can do.

• bmj2k May 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

Thanks. and then tell me how you did it because there are some things I am clueless about.

4. Thomas Stazyk May 19, 2011 at 1:57 am #

Thanks for the laugh of the week! What losers! In addition to POW and BAM you could have added “DUH.”

Batman may have some lame martial arts moves but the other guy is pretty mean with a traffic cone.

• bmj2k May 19, 2011 at 2:12 am #

I’ve seen that video a good dozen times and I am convinced that the cone is too heavy for the guy and he just sort of lets it drop about a foot too short of Batman.

I was a blog short this week and had no clue what to post when I trolled some of my usual sources of inspiration and found that. Thank God my brain blanked because I would not otherwise have seen that.

5. The Hook May 19, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

Oh man, that’s hilarious! Good work.

• bmj2k May 19, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

I was rolling on the floor when I saw the video, and when I found the news report I almost laughed myself sick. The Bat-sound effects I aded were just the icing on the cake.

6. Supermonge May 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm #

That’s not Megyn Kelly…or is it..who is that I wanna Learn to fight so I can Impress her…I’m kidding…I may or may not Be Kidding…okay I’m not Kidding.

• bmj2k May 20, 2011 at 12:17 am #

Don’t let her see you in your Skeletor costume.

7. Jeff May 21, 2011 at 6:27 pm #

Good stuff. No, great stuff. If Robin had been there, that MoFo would have gone DOWN.

: J