Imponderable #59: Honey Boo Boo

24 Aug

August 24, 2012

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children’s laughter remind us how we used to be

With the inspiring lyrics of Whitney Houston lingering in our ears, let’s watch a little video treat.

Wow.

Just wow. And by the way, TLC really does stand for The Learning Channel, as hard as that is to believe.

I love kids, really I do. Well, I do in theory anyway. In reality? Let’s face it, a lot of kids are annoying. This kid? This kid makes me want to-

DISCLAIMER-  THE EDITORS AND STAFF OR MR. BLOG’S TEPID RIDE DO NOT CONDONE VIOLENCE TOWARD CHILDREN IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, DESPITE WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ IMMEDIATELY BELOW THIS DISCLAIMER.

-toss her headfirst out of a zeppelin.

Want more? Let’s see how much you can stand.

I know, I know, she’s just a kid, and if that clip proves anything it is that I should be ranting about the POS mother, but man, I really really hate that kid.

What kind of mother would raise a kid like Honey Boo Boo?

The question is Imponderable.

But just between you and me, I think we know the answer.

24 Responses to “Imponderable #59: Honey Boo Boo”

1. bmj2k August 24, 2012 at 12:37 am #

Mr. BTR’s Blog Notes:

1- It was a tossup between this and the Roll ‘n’ Roaster commercial from earlier this week as to which would be the Imponderable and which would be the Late Night Movie house of Crap. While “crap” describes Here Comes Honey Boo Boo perfectly, I think this is more Imponderable.

2- POS does stand for “point of sale,” but not in this case. Look it up.

3- Watching the clips for this post made me violently ill.

• Thomas Stazyk August 24, 2012 at 12:49 am #

Watching those clips made me violently ill, too. And then I got really depressed that (1) there are people like that in the world, and (2) other people want to watch and, equally bad, listen to them.

Times were, people like that lived out of sight of the real world, played the banjo and occassionally harrassed city slickers foolish enough to canoe past their shacks. Now they are prime time mainstream. Did you notice that the mother has not a double chin, but a triple chin?

• bmj2k August 24, 2012 at 12:57 am #

There is a clip of her on youtube talking about how proud she is of her chins. Ugh.

• zathra August 24, 2012 at 2:28 am #

I now think that I envy the deaf & the blind, & I now believe that some prospective parents should have to be ** licensed ** before conceiving & raising children. Wow.

What happens when the kid no longer has the cuteness factor ? Does she follow in the footsteps of Brooke Shields, Jodie Foster & Miley Cyrus ?

• bmj2k August 24, 2012 at 6:18 am #
              To put it mildly I fail to see the cutenes factor.

• Thomas Stazyk August 24, 2012 at 6:19 am #

Cuteness factor? She’s f’ing repulsive!

• zathra August 24, 2012 at 6:55 am #

Like a cross between Shirley Temple & a young Jabba the Hutt ?

• zathra August 24, 2012 at 6:50 am #

She’s cute in the same way that a Shar – pei is cute, or E. T., a Gremlin, or perhaps Hamburger Guy as a child !!!

• zathra August 24, 2012 at 6:53 am #

The perhaps politically – incorrect phrase ” more chins than a Chinese phone book ” comes to mind…… I’m praying for at least 1 detached cornea & 1 punctured ear – drum. 😉

• Jimbo August 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

More chins than a Chinese phone book…

2. Jimbo August 24, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

I’m guessing these idiots are from Georgia?

(Yes I live in Georgia but let me make this clear – I am 100% Texan!)

• bmj2k August 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

I am just sorry you and I share the same continent as them.

• zathra August 24, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

Maybe establish a lunar colony for them, after Newt Gingrich’s Moon base gets built. Lots of trailer parks & places to put space cars up on blocks & build ” moon – meth ” labs. 😉
        I’m Southern – born & raised, but culturally, for some reason, I’m as as Southern as a bagel filled with curry flavoring.

• Thomas Stazyk August 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

The sad fact is that these reality shows normalize people like that and create the standard for how people should look and act–so we better get used to it.

• zathra August 25, 2012 at 3:27 am #

A great rationale to move to the Moon, Mars, the asteroids & the satellites of the outer planets & leave Earth to these weirdos. They can cover the world in trailer parks, leave their scrambled DNA all over the planet, whatever they want…..

3. Frippery August 30, 2012 at 7:50 am #

Oh my goodness. This is what passes for entertainment. Sad that we are sliding swiftly down the rabbit hole into Moronville. Reality TV is just an excuse not to have to pay good writers, if there is such a thing anymore. Disgusting and too bad for the family exploiting this atrocious kid. Do they hold some sort of audition for these shows? Where did they find these people? Yuck.

• bmj2k August 30, 2012 at 8:40 am #

Good point. Reality shows are a lot cheaper than scripted shows.

• zathra August 30, 2012 at 8:50 am #

where do thy find these people ? The local Wal – Mart. If extra – terrestrials ever pick up these broadcasts 25 – 50 years from now, they might decide that Earth is a global lunatic asylum.

I like shows like ” Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares “. It may be ” reality “, but at least it’s not cutesy – crap BS like ” Honey Boo – Boo “.

• bmj2k August 30, 2012 at 9:03 am #

I will watch ANYTHING with Gordon Ramsey. As far as other “reality” shows the only one I respect is Deadliest Catch.

• zathra August 30, 2012 at 9:16 am #

” Kitchen Nightmares ” can be unintentionally funny. The BBC version, not the Americanized version.

Ever seen ” ODDITIES ” ? I’d love to work in a place like that. Kind of like a cross between ” Curious Goods ( Friday the 13th – The Series ) ” & ” Warehouse 13 ” in miniature. MAYBE. 😉

• bmj2k August 30, 2012 at 11:49 am #

I need to make a point of catching that show.

• zathra August 30, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

My local Comcast provider doesn’t carry Discovery Science anymore, but I can still catch segments of ” ODDITIES ” & ” An Idiot Abroad ” on Youtube & hulu. BBC America has some interesting shows. & I’m watching ” Kitchen Nightmares ” right now. Gordon is in an Indian restaurant in NYC that went to merde.

• bmj2k August 30, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

I love Idiot Abroad but I am way behind on season 2. But I have them all on TiVo.

• zathra August 30, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

I’m envious. Even though I can get these things on hulu reasonably easily, I think.
                    I get Nat’l Geo & NASA TV videos online, too.