Spotlight: Mike Mongello (2012)

3 Aug

August 3, 2012

Mike Monge. Spend any time here and you’ll run across his work. Whether it is the amazing work he’s done of superheroes, celebrities, monsters, or pin-ups, or if you’ve seen the headers he’s made especially for this blog, I’m sure you’ve been impressed. I’ve showcased one or two other artists on this site, but i think with far more exposure than any other, I can officially declare Mike The Official Artist of bmj2k.com

That’s an amazing honor.

And he’s a great guy too. Check out these images, some old, some new, all fantastic. And before you leave, check out his links at the bottom. Click on them, explore, enjoy.

Badass Thor!

The Dark Knight Rises!

Before and After

Raphael is my favorite. One of you will understand why.

John Carter. The movie flopped, the picture rocks.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. You can find earlier spotlights here and you can find all of his amazing artwork at his own site, www.supermonge.com.

Remember that site, www.supermonge.com.

Have you bookmarked it yet? www.supermonge.com.

All contents ™ and © 2012 Michael Mongello unless otherwise noted herein. All rights reserved.

6 Responses to “Spotlight: Mike Mongello (2012)”

1. zathra August 3, 2012 at 12:53 am #

I like his use of the old school Batman emblem. & his John Carter artwork is great. Thank Heavens I didn’t see the John Carter movie…..

2. Jimbo August 3, 2012 at 6:51 am #

Amazing stuff! Wish I had Mike’s talent!

3. Michael Mongello August 3, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Thanks so much everybody! it’s always an honor to be on the BTR! Plus I actually liked the John Carter Movie but yea a lot of people didn’t like it…haha

• bmj2k August 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm #

I didn’t see it but it looked good to me, except for the stuff they added that was not from the book.

4. The Hook August 4, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Very cool – to say the least!

5. Thomas Stazyk August 4, 2012 at 10:35 pm #

Love this stuff–don’t forget to do a Cluthu and Shoggoth someday!