November 6, 2014
The New York Jets are a woeful 2 – 8. Head Coach Rex Ryan has been slowly losing his grip on his job over the past few seasons, but this looks like the end for Rex. Is there anything he can do to stay on Gang Green’s sidelines?
Top Ten Things Rex Ryan Can Do To Keep His Job
- Hope that General Manager John Idzik is as clueless as he seems.
- Put on a wig, switch places with twin brother Rob Ryan.
- Hide under bed for the entire offseason, just show up next season.
- Pray for divine intervention from WFAN’s Mike Francesa.
- Find a way to travel back in time and bring back 1969 Super Bowl MVP Joe Namath to start next week.
- If they want to fire him, they have to go through Michael Vick first.
- Invoke the “If Roger Goodell can keep his job, so can I” defense.
- Promise that if he stays, he’ll try really hard to do better next time.
- Change name to Sex Ryan, do stuff to Woody Johnson.
October 19, 2014
For the third year in a row, I went to the dark and spooky Old Westbury Gardens for the annual Rise of the Jack-o-Lanterns! This is where you walk through a dark country park with spooky music playing, all the while gawking at amazing pumpkins. It is always a lot of fun and this year, they made sure that the carvings were all new. In fact, all three years I’ve been there, they’ve changed it up every year. You can see pics from previous years here (Jack-o-Lantern Avengers) and here (Big Bang Theory pumpkins). Be on the lookout for some Modern Family pumpkins in this assortment.
Click on the thumbnails for larger images.
Thanks to Allan Keyes for allowing me to use some of his pictures.
August 24, 2014
I didn’t know if this was a Picture Postcard or a Saturday Comics entry, so here’s the Comics logo just in case.
This amazing ad is on display at the fantastic Geppi Museum in Baltimore. It is a giant comic book, pop culture museum with vintage comics and toys on display. Never been there? Go!
This ad is, of course, a parody of the classic The Insult that Made a Man Out of Mac comic book ads. Where did it appear? When is it from ? I don’t know, but I love it! Enjoy!