December 22, 2014
Let’s go back to 2011 for the first of four Christmas Classics this week! Enjoy!
From December 25, 2011
Please enjoy this presentation of selected Santa Claus appearances. Our first stop is Mexico from the 1959 film titled aptly, if not imaginatively, Santa Claus, which for some reason features Satan.
Back in the USA, here is the aptly, if not imaginatively, titled, Santa With Muscles, featuring noted thespian Hulk Hogan.
Want more wrestlers? Here is Rowdy Roddy Piper beating up Santa. (Actually, that is the legendary Bobby “the Brain” Heenan under the beard. You didn’t really think that was Santa, did you?)
And in this next clip, Santa gets into the squared circle to drop the rock bottom on some punk-ass jabroni. (“Xanta Klaus” from the South Pole. You can’t believe this stuff unless you see it for yourself.)
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM YOUR PALS AT MR. BLOG!
November 6, 2014
The New York Jets are a woeful 2 – 9. Head Coach Rex Ryan has been slowly losing his grip on his job over the past few seasons, but this looks like the end for Rex. Is there anything he can do to stay on Gang Green’s sidelines?
Top Ten Things Rex Ryan Can Do To Keep His Job
- Hope that General Manager John Idzik is as clueless as he seems.
- Put on a wig, switch places with twin brother Rob Ryan.
- Hide under bed for the entire offseason, just show up next season.
- Pray for divine intervention from WFAN’s Mike Francesa.
- Find a way to travel back in time and bring back 1969 Super Bowl MVP Joe Namath to start next week.
- If they want to fire him, they have to go through Michael Vick first.
- Invoke the “If Roger Goodell can keep his job, so can I” defense.
- Promise that if he stays, he’ll try really hard to do better next time.
- Change name to Sex Ryan, do stuff.
October 19, 2014
For the third year in a row, I went to the dark and spooky Old Westbury Gardens for the annual Rise of the Jack-o-Lanterns! This is where you walk through a dark country park with spooky music playing, all the while gawking at amazing pumpkins. It is always a lot of fun and this year, they made sure that the carvings were all new. In fact, all three years I’ve been there, they’ve changed it up every year. You can see pics from previous years here (Jack-o-Lantern Avengers) and here (Big Bang Theory pumpkins). Be on the lookout for some Modern Family pumpkins in this assortment.
Click on the thumbnails for larger images.
Thanks to Allan Keyes for allowing me to use some of his pictures.